Friday, July 19, 2013

Dress One

I am starting this blog today but it actually started on July 4, 2013.  As some of you know,  I have been undergoing cancer treatment for the past 8 years.  Throughout these years I have undergone tons of changes.  Not just mental (ha-ha I promise I'm not mental...well not too mental) and spiritual but physical.  Pretty much I have been hiding in my house.  Well not really hiding, I would stay home because I wasn't feeling well.  I laid around in sweats, pajamas, and whatever else I could grab out the closet that fit.  That has been my problem these years.  Every different medication I I would be taking would reform my body into whatever it felt it needed to be at the moment.   One day I would be one size/weight and no joking the next day I would be 20 pounds either way.  Mostly the weight has gone up but there was this time I actually lost weight!  But that medicine made me so sick I would have rather die then be on it.  A few of you watched me as I tried to start back on that medication at the beginning of this year.  Probably scared some of you to bits, I'm sorry about that.  Scared me too.

Okay, I have lost the point of what I'm doing here.  One day I threw on a dress and went out and did my day.  Doctors appointments,etc.  Once I made it home I realized how good I felt.  Not because physically I felt better but because I was wearing a dress.  I wasn't self conscious at all.  I wasn't feeling physically better but it didn't matter.  I felt good.  I wasn't dressed up for anyone.  Just dressed up for myself.  I reminded myself of my mother on Sunday's.  She would cook, still be in her dress from church, with her apron on and everything.  I throw my apron on over my awesome dresses and cook and clean.  Well sometimes clean comes; let's say, the next day.


The date of this blog is July 4th, 2013.  Lol, at least I tried for it to be.  My first dress was July 4th, 2013.  A red, white, and blue dress. See it below?!  I chose to wear a dress and those who are around me on a regular basis know that is unheard of.  I have been scouring Plato's Closet, clearance sales, and thrift stores.  The Purple Cow, Goodwill, and some just named thrift store.  Garage sales on Saturday, and I dig.  I'm that person, the digger.  Pray you don't run into me.  :-P


I hope you find this blog inspirational, entertaining, and enlightening.  It sure has for me already.


Since I began this "experiment", that's what I call it, I have noticed a change in myself.  I can't wait to get dressed in the morning (uh, what?), I lay out my clothes the night before (who am I?), I try to get makeup done before I have to go and I paint my nails!  I almost shaved the other day (giggle giggle, I will today).  I wear my dresses and have no self esteem issues.  I just feel beautiful.  So, come and take this ride with me.  No pants aloud, not even pant suits, just dresses.  Days like Thursday I didn't get dressed.  It was the third day after chemo and I slept through it.  I woke up, ate cereal, made coffee, walked up to my bedroom, put coffee on bedside table, and didn't wake up until around 8 p.m.  My coffee, just wasted.  We are almost out. I don't get paid until the fourth.  Maybe stay away from me until then.  I may have some instant but nothing is comparable to River Road Coffee.
Happy 4th of July!  USA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment