Monday, July 22, 2013

3rd dress to impress

Okay, sure I'm a little behind on the whole 4th of July thing but I wore this on July 6th, which is close to July 4th.  Notice anything?  Does it look familiar?  Okay I won't keep you guessing.  I wore a very similar dress actually on the 4th of July.  When I bought it my mother was fighting it so bad.  She was just like, "it looks way too much like the other one".  She didn't want me to spend my money on it either, well it was Plato's Closet...I think..but it was really cheap and I told her it wasn't the same dress, so there!  This is another day I just couldn't get someone to take a picture of me.  I did it again, I accidentally put the camera on record first so you know I have to show you that.

Get your dress here!  I know, that isn't the same dress, but what is that?  It looks like she has the dress on all wrong!  

Haha, this is fun.  While I was searching for the plaid dress or something similar this came up.  If you look at the title and then the toy it's hilarious.  Because the first thing I think of when I look at that doll is how lifelike it is.

I tried and tried but apparently I don't know how to search on Amazon.  Here is the closest I could find, so if you want to get the look Shannon is wearing, click here!  I know, it's nothing like it.  That's ok you can borrow mine!

So here are the pictures from this awkward, let me take my own picture day:

I made it pretty for you :)
Just a tip.  Don't ever go searching for a dress like this on Amazon.  Our maybe you know the right keywords.  I had to see some stuff I was not prepared for seeing.  

This day was the day I got a glance of myself in the mirror and decided I was pretty.  I may not look like I used to but I still am pretty and all I have seen for so long is the bad parts.  If I took a good pic it would be a random miracle and that was that.  But looking in the mirror that day I was satisfied.  I still have my extra large arm, my protruding belly, but gosh darn I am cute as a button lol.  

More awareness: I feel happier, kind of.  When I am all dressy I feel happier. If it's a sick day, it's a sick day, and no dress is going to change all that.  Like the first couple days after chemo.  So, Monday, chemo.  Let's see if you guys here from me any day until Thursday or Friday.  Crap! I forgot.  I head to Houston on Wednesday for Thursday and Friday appointments.  We may stay and go to the Kemah Boardwalk, courtesy of The Pink Daisy Project.  

Now is the time to start rewearing the dresses.  Don't worry, when I get paid a portion may go to some more dresses. 

If you would like to donate to the project I am an XL and a 14 for the most part.  If you have some you want to see me in, send them my way!

Monetary Donations accepted.  In the note tell me exactly how you would like the money spent.  If you don't I may decide I need shoes, or nail polish, or hair stuff, you get my drift.

Until next time...give lots of hugs and lots of love

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment